Home Forums Eat Weight loss

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BT Nutritionist 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Katrina
    Participant

I have not lost any weight in the last 2 weeks and am starting to feel disheartened which is sure to lead to binge eating and then the rollercoaster starts again. Any suggestions would be appreciated

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Katrina,

A healthy weight loss is around 500g – 1kg per week, however, the amount lost will differ from person to person depending on their eating patterns previous to starting the program, hormones and metabolic rate.
    If your weight is already in a healthy range, you don’t have much weight to lose or you were already restricting energy intake before starting the program then it can take a little longer to see an effect.
    With exercise we typically replace fat mass with muscle mass, and muscle weighs more than fat so while you may not be noticing a change in the scales you might notice your clothes fitting a little differently.

Be consistent with your physical activity (10,000 steps a day), drink plenty of water, be careful with condiments and free days and don’t be discouraged- weight loss does take time.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail then please do send us a message at info@bodytrim.com.au

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Pranee
    Participant

Thank you for the reply that’s would be my self. I lost 150g from last week but I feel lighter and with my clothes I feel they’re loosening.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Pranee,

Great to hear!

Consistency is key so keep up the great work and please try not to get disheartened if initial results are not quite what you expect or were hoping for. The great thing about toning and having a higher percentage of lean muscle mass (achieved through regular physical activity) is that this muscle mass is more metabolically active than fat mass, meaning it uses more energy to maintain and can therefore be a definite positive for weight management.

Kindest Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

Jane
    Participant

Back again…. Had a good first day yesterday.
    Looking forward to Day2 and beyond!

Yvette
    Participant

I have just completed my transmition phase. I lost 1.5 kg during the 3 fasting days but but put .5 kg back during tramsmition. Is this normal?

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Yvette,

As mentioned above, if your weight is already in a reasonably healthy range, you don’t have much weight to lose or you were already restricting your energy intake before starting the program then it may take a little longer to see an effect. Are you noticing any other changes? Such as your clothes fitting differently, change in mood through eating differently etc.

It is possible that you might put on a little weight during the Trimsition phase as you will be consuming a slightly more calories than when in the FAST Start phase, this is why daily physical activity is so important.

Make sure that you are being compliant with your serving sizes and are not going over and above the recommended number of serves for foods like nuts, dairy products, fats and oils, and sauces which are more energy dense foods.

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.