Home Forums Move Workouts in Phase 1 period.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Denni 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Clare
    Participant

Hi, just trying to ascertain what exercise/movement we should be doing in the first 4 days?

Julia
    Participant

I think this depends on what you normally do. I go to the gym every day and do weight training and running. Since I am eating less, I will probably do less, but since I am in the gym, I can stop anytime if I feel light-headed. On the second day of the programme I ran 10km in the bush at my usual pace.

If you usually exercise vigorously then just be careful and listen to your body, and do something that is not too committing so you can stop and get home easily, or sit down or whatever. if you are not used to exercising, then it is ALWAYS important to set off gently and gradually build up so that you avoid injury.

It also depends on what you like doing. Walking is always a good bet. If you are not sure how fast or far you can go, then find an oval, or just walk a short distance then return, then repeat, so that you are always near your starting point. If you let me know what you usually do, then I am happy to make some specific suggestions. Look forward to hearing from you.

BT Nutritionist
    Keymaster

Hi Clare,

In the first 4 days we recommend sticking to low intensity exercise. Whether this be walking or a combination of walking, gentle yoga, swimming/treading water, biking etc. A pedometer can be a handy and motivating tool for measuring your movement and ensuring you reach you goal or are able to push yourself a little further each day.
    Julia has posted some great idea for exercise in ‘Tips to Making 10,000 Steps’, which are worth taking a look at!

Kind Regards,

BT Nutritionist 🙂

Roz
    Participant

Hi Everyone my name is Rozzie,
    I decided I needed to loss some weight since it blew out after and accident with a watertank with fell on top of me
    16 weeks ago ,for the last 3 weeks have been working in the pool doing Hydro-Phyiso but due to having more medical treatments due today.I have been told no exercise at all this week only walking around the house.
    I am hoping it doesn’t set me back to much.I have found the program to be really good so far. Not hungry and not looking for anything to eat. I am a comfort eater which is a really big problem so I ready to brake all my old habits.Getting older and its time to start looking after me from the inside.
    Cheers Rozzie So lucky to still be here.

Team BT
    Keymaster

Hi Rozzie,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us and please keep us updated on your progress. All the best!
    Team BT.

Denni
    Participant

Hi guys,I quit smoking after 40 yrs as ended up in hospital with gall bladder problems. I have quit 4 times prior and put on 16 kgs each time. I have no problem quitting, its just the weight I put on thats the problem. So I Am trying body trim hopping the hat this one will work. Any tips to help me,

Kind regards,
    Denni

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.